View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
margaritaville
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Please keep Bubba in your thoughts

Just to let you know Bubba is sick and I turn to my YT family who understand my feelings best .
Tues. morning Sissy wouldn't eat her breakfast and when I got home from work she had vomited on the couch. Dh was home but didn't see her get sick. She wouldn't eat dinner and start vomiting bile. During the night she was sick in our bed so I told dh I was going to call the vet and gave her Nutrical. When I got to work I called dh and asked him to cook her a piece of chicken and see if she would eat that. I called him back and he said no she would touch it, so I called the vet and got an appointment for 1:30p and headed home. I tried to feed her and chicken and she ate 1/2 of it and kept it down and started to act her old self so I cancelled the appt. and she has been fine.

Yesterday, when I got home from work dh said Bubba was vomiting and had diarrhea. He vomited a couple more times and when he wanted to vomit he wanted outside. I put him out and he didn't want to come back in. It was raining and when I finally coaxed him in he was soaked and muddy. He asked to go out again and didn't come in or come when called. He was hiding under the deck-soaking wet and muddy. When I finally got him inside, I said just let him vomit on the floor and I'll clean it up because I was afraid he'd get pneumonia. So I wouldn't let him out. That was when he began having bloody diarrhea all over. I called the vet and that could see him in a half hour. When the vet examaned him he said he either had Hemmorhagic Gastro-enteritis, had been poisoned, had pancreatitis, or an obstruction and was in an awful lot of pain. They kept him-put him on IVs-exrayed him and drew blood work. They have ruled out obstruction and pancreatitis. The vet called this morning and said he looks a little brighter but had spent a very bad night. The vomiting and bloody diarrhea started again about 2am and they had to call the vet to come in from home. So we have to see how today goes and they will plan from there. But as of now he is in fair condition.
I have just been looking in the skin forum and there are a couple posts about sick yorkies so please watch your babies and call your vets if they begin to show any signs.
Sorry for such a long post but it tears me apart to see him so sick. People considering a pet have to realize they are making a long term commitment and that they may become sick. I told my vet I just want him better and don't care what it takes.

Joan, Bubba and Sissy-BEWARE OF PUPPY MILLS
breathe in, breathe out, move on -jb
margaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!