View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Tracy and Pixie
Yorkie Yakker

Default Advice needed for newbie

Hi,
I've had Pixie for 4 weeks now. I got her from a breeder at 6wks old....I know way too soon, but breeder would not keep her any longer. The minute I seen her I fell in love with her, so... I did everything I could to give her the best start she could have without her [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]mother[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Her father a yorkie was 4 lbs and mother a poodle(black) was 5lbs.
I've been feeding her soft food(wellness [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]puppy[/COLOR][/COLOR]), every 4 to 5 hours including in the night and I just started to introduce her to small kibble(hollistic select small breed and puppy formula), and now she is doing sooo well!! When I took her to the vet the day after I got her she was only 1.2lbs. At 9 weeks she was 2lbs. She gets her second shot tomorrow (10 wks). She has had maybe 3 accidents with the [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]puppy [COLOR=green !important]training[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and that is all. I really think I got a smart and strong puppy.
This forum has helped me out in sooo many ways in the past month that I don't think Pixie would have been thriving the way she has without all the info I have gained through this site.
I have a [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]Jack [COLOR=green !important]russell[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] X with a Chuhuahua who is 10 yrs old and Pixie and Jack get along sooo well with one another. Of course the introductions were done slowly over a wks time. Now they play with one another several times a day and love each others company.
Pixie is being socialized very good. She is around children several times a week and even goes to a puppy-sitter when I have to go to work.
My husband and I are sooo in love with Pixie that even though she was taken from her mother too young we are glad that we have her. I just wish that the [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]breeder[/COLOR][/COLOR] would have kept her until she was 12 wks to give her the best chance at having a wonderful and healthy life.

Thanks everyone for all the information that has helped me take care of this little one from day one!!!
Tracy and Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!