View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 12:02 AM   #8
rwprivette
♥LiVe♥LauGH♥LoVe♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Ah, potty training. The highs are so high, and the lows are so low.

I don't know if this will help, AbbysMom, but I read a funny story recently about a professional dog trainer. She had a little puppy who just wasn't getting potty training. She said that he never went indoors because she took him outside every hour for months. As recommended, she would give the puppy a treat every time he pottied. She had some other pets in addition to this guy, and if they happened to be around, she would give them treats too so they wouldn't get jealous.

Well, she said it got to the point where even the cat figured out that it should follow the puppy outside and wait for him to potty; all the animals in the house would get excited when he pooped, because they knew they were about to get treats... the only one who didn't know was the pooping puppy.

One day he finally got it, of course. The story is meant to illustrate that some dogs, it really does take a long time to click. I have faith it will happen, though! You've got three months until she's officially failed potty school.
awww too cute of a story!! Yes, Tyler and I aren't out of the woods yet AbbysMom!! We're still with you
rwprivette is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!