View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
rwprivette
♥LiVe♥LauGH♥LoVe♥
Donating Member

Default For those who have lost patience....

I can't believe it. Tyler and I had the biggest break through tonight (: For those who have been keeping up, & those who haven't, here's a short recap.

started tyler with access to living room and dining room and outside potty training. MANY MANY MANY accidents. AND tyler began using his crate as a potty ):

began using the umbilical method. that is where you tether your puppy to yourself at ALL times. tyler would go pee right there in front of me. this was not the right solution either. at this point i'm halfway to my wits end.

i bought an xpen and potty pads thinking that i would be able to watch him closer and hopefully he would pick up on potty pad training. at first he did ok but then i think he became confused since i had been outside training him.

FINALLY i used the xpen (unfolded) to section off JUST the living room. I had a VERY close watch on Tyler since my daughter and I mainly stay in there during the day (I'm a stay at home mommy) When he would start to sniff about I would immediately take him out. there were times that he would squat to pee and i'd clap loudly to stop him then run him out to pee. (same with pooping) and tonight tyler went to the door and just stared at me!!!!!!!!!!! i was thinking there is no way that he's trying to tell me he has to go. sure enough i took him out and he pooped (: (:

all this said, if you are frustrated, THERE IS HOPE!!! (: As long as you have patience and do what works best for you, you're puppy is sure to master potty training... no matter how long it takes (:

i know we aren't 100% graduates but we're getting there!! Wish us luck (:
rwprivette is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!