View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
annamalyssa
BANNED!

I wish Gucci was soooo cooperative! he won't let me touch his teeth with that brush. It's like a fight for his life lol. I haven't gotten it done to my satisfactory for a few weeks now. Maybe 1X out of 5 it's a decent brushing . I tried the teasing the other night and that didn't quite work either ... but maybe if I keep trying it he will catch on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I just wanted to point out that Petzlife is not a toothpaste, it's a topical spray or gel, that sits on the teeth for 30 minutes, and is said to soften tartar, so that you can brush it away at a later time. Also, the manufacture suggests the salmon flavor for cats, although you can use it for dogs, they don't seem to like the flavor at all. I've been wanting to use an electric tooth brush, and I'm glad you had success with that.

I use Petzlife, as well as the Petrodex, and so far so good. I recently started used the fingertip brushes and it gives me greater control. Some people suggest teasing with the toothbrush and making a game out of it. I found as long as there is toothpaste on the brush, Joeys pretty good at allowing me to brush.
Quicksilver - do you get the mini brushes at the grocery store? Maybe I can try that? My vet suggested baby toothbrushes so that is what I use right now.. maybe a finger brush too..
annamalyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!