View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 08:13 PM   #1
Penny Popper
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Yorkie Gave Birth 48 hrs ago

We are very sad on Tues night a little after midnight our girl gave birth to 4 beautiful babys 2 male 2 female. My Children immediately became very attached to the runt. Penny the mother had no problem with birthing, she did it all, but we noticed the smallest seemed to have a strange looking nose but we didn't have time to wonder why with the other puppies coming. later we realized his upper lip was missing he seemed to be small but fat and moving well and my children 11,12,16 thought this just made him even more special. Unfortunately Button as my kids had named him because of his nose and because he was cutie as one, died tonight. He seemed to move less this afternoon and was not nursing. we had planned to take him to the vet in the morning and we had bottles and formula ready on stand by. When we tried to feed him, hoping he just needed a little extra attention, we noticed he had a cleft palette so we tried a very few drops and he swallowed well so we called the vet to se if we should bring him in tonight but we were told there was not much we could do for him he might make it he might not well he didn't a few hours later he was dead is this common in yorkies? should I worry if we want to breed again although I don't think we want to. my family and I counted everyday of her pregnancy she delivered on day 61 this was a family event, and this puppies death has seemed to over shadow the joy of the other puppies. Has anyone else been through this?
Penny Popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!