View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 05:07 AM   #15
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Yorkiemomhs, I'm so glad for you that you have a vet that is using extreme caution when it comes to using this vaccine....

A while back I took a look around for any info on this vaccine and I didn't like what little I was finding. For one thing it is full formaldehyde and you still have to do daily brushing and do dental cleanings so what's the point.

The vaccine was tested on 8 month old pups and declared a success. I had to wonder just how much tarter does a 8 month old have???

Here are some other peoples experience from the vaccine:

We Just Had Our Yorkie Vaccinated With The Porphyromonas Vaccine For... - Blurtit

This is a paragraph from an article on Dr. Doolittler's site:
"Elizabeth is a four-pound Yorkie of indescribable sweetness. Six weeks ago, after significant research and consultation, we began using Pfizer’s new periodontal disease vaccine. Two injections later we had two sick dogs. Both were painful all over, a vaccine reaction known as myalgia (muscle soreness). One recovered, but Elizabeth’s morphed into something even more sinister: polyarthritis.

Now Elizabeth’s joints hurt even when she’s not moving. Clusters of immune complexes are likely deposited around her joints, eliciting wincing pain when she’s not medicated with steroids. This kind of vaccine reaction is uncommon—so much so that Pfizer is having a hard time accepting that their product is the source of the reaction.

Still, the vaccine’s two for two at our place. Both dogs got sick the day after the vaccine. We sent it back. Maybe it was the batch? "

A typical response from a pharmaceutical company, deny, deny, deny.......

Last edited by jp4m2; 05-28-2009 at 05:08 AM.
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!