View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 04:30 AM   #12
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

I SO know where you are coming from!! I was on the fence about spaying also. Matter of fact I waited...I just had both girls done at the same time in January. Sadie (5 1/2 lbs)just turned 4 yrs old and Lillie (4 1/2 lbs)was a little over 2yrs old. Sadie had 3 heats and Lillie only 1. I was a NERVOUS WRECK!!to say the least. I have a really good vet and staff that understood my anxiety. This is why they though it would be better for ME if I had them both done together. I had pre-op blood work done to make sure there weren't any underlying problems. I also opted for them to have IV's....just in case! My vet uses a VERY gently anesthesia...sevoflourine. This is used for geriatric patients. When they remove the tube, with in minutes they are awake and sitting up. I brought them home the same night. Sadie(I thought she would be the one that would have the harder time with the anesthesia) was fine....trying to bounce around as usual...Lillie was done second...it took her until the next day to come around...I had NO problems at all and wish I had had it done sooner...but, I can't think about that. I had it done and I'm glad.
Just talk to you vet and find out what their procedure is.....do they do pre blood work, do they offer IV, what kind of anesthesia do they use? And I called them about 4 times that day!! LOL...they told me I could call as many times as I wanted to.....and I did!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!