View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 12:35 AM   #6
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I like the idea of mobile grooming but they charge too much for it here. But if I have to take mine somewhere I do not want to drop them off in the morning and not get them back til sometime late afternoon. The best groomer in our town does this. All need to be dropped off no later than 9 am, but you don't get them back til like 4 pm! Might be fine for someone who is at work all day but I want my baby back! So, I take mine to another groomer who lets me book the first appointment of the day and then I get him back in no more than two hours.

I wish the groomers here had cute boutique clothes and accessories. I really have no where to buy that sort of thing except online. I would also like them to offer the premium grooming supplies, like Espree shampoos and conditioners -- that sort of thing.

I second the idea of having a nice catalog of cuts to choose from. Pictures that the groomer themself has cut and maybe some from online until clientele has built up enough to have plenty of your own pictures to show as examples.

It would be nice to offer the really nice bows and put the topknots in there at the shop. The groomers around might offer those really cheap bows or scissor cut bandanas and that is it. I am going to take Ben's bow in with him next time.

I would also offer a choice of smells and let the owner pick BEFORE you just arbitrarily douse the poor dog with it. They use some overpowering flowery old-lady powder smell on Ben and I usually cannot wait to spray him with one of my grooming sprays to kill the smell. I keep forgetting to tell them not to do that.

A checklist for people leaving their dogs would be handy. Things they want done could be checked off and that way nothing is forgotten. Some could be included in the groom at no extra charge (like remove hair from ears, trim and file nails, and tip ears) and some things (like express anal glands and brush teeth) you could charge extra for.

I really sound picky now don't I? LOL!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!