Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Carol in KY
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself...

I am Carol and I live in Lexington, KY. My Yorkie baby is Georgie (Sir George Archdale Bolling) and he was 2 years old on 3-29. I am a single (in the process of a very traumatic divorce) 50 year old RN, mother to 4 grown children and 2 grandchildren. I work on the liver/kidney/pancreas transplant unit at the University of Kentucky Medical Center.

In my free time I obsess over my landscaping, read, scrapbook, rubber stamp and just generally fiddle around with paper and cardstock, and I always have a project going on my house. And, of course, I dote on Georgie. I take him with me where ever I can (he has a car seat) and we like to snuggle in the Lazy Boy and read and watch tv.

Georgie is my first ever dog. I always had a cat or two, for most of my adult life. But, after my last cat died, I didn't get another one. I decided I kind of liked not having the responsibility of a cat. And, strangely enough, I thought I didn't really like dogs.

It is a long story how I ended up with Georgie, but after a rocky start (Yorkie pups are A LOT of work!), I have to say that Georgie is the light of my life. And, he just about saved my life. He's given me a great deal of comfort as I've gone through the horror of my divorce.

My daughter and SIL have a Yorkie (Emma) and my son and DIL have a Yorkie too (CeCe) and my DIL's mother breeds Yorkies. I went to Thanksgiving at my son's house, and DIL's mother came with her brood and there were EIGHT Yorkies running around. It was great!!!

I'll try to post some pictures of Georgie later.
Carol in KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!