View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #14
rebeccag
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdt View Post
I have 4 children (skin) a boy, 19, a girl 18, a girl, 14, and a boy 10. Well my 19,18 and 10 year old all are light like my husband. He's of Irish heritage. My 14 yr old is dark like me..I'm of Italian heritage. She has dark hair. She takes after my side of the family. The other three kind of look alike. They all have blue eyes and blondish hair. They take after my dh side of the family. Everyone can't believe she is my 18yr olds sister at school because they look so different. Well at school the other day they were late and had to sign in. The woman in the attendance office asked my 14 yr old if she was from the same father!!! I am a little upset. Of course all 4 are from the same father, we've been married for nearly 21 yrs. I thought it was very nervy to ask such a question. Sometimes people need a little more self restraint and keep their questions to themselves. She hates to tell anyone that she is my 18 yr olds sister because everyone says "nooo". It's just annoying. Especially because my 18 yr old is pretty thin and my 14 yr old is a little heavier. Yeah lets make her feel like she is an outsider. I'm sorry for the rant. I'm, having a bad day. My son the 19yr old is having surgery on Fri. He has a torn meniscus. He runs track at college and he tore it. This thing with the girls happened last friday but it is still in my head.
Stupid question: what does dh stand for? I mean, I know it's your husband but not sure what the initials stand for. Anyway, I hope that the surgery goes well for your son. As far as the personal question, yes, a little too personal but try not to be offended people are generally just curious about things and I'm sure she didn't mean to offend anyone...well, I don't know the person so scratch that but generally speaking people ask questions like that out of curiosity and not to hurt anyone. I sometimes appreciate a question like that asked to me instead of about me to someone else....Try not to let it bother it...easier said than done right! People sometimes say foolish things without meaning anything by it....if it makes you feel better my husband's side all think my sister has another father...lol! My mom had 5 kids with my dad so I guess because she's very tall and the only kid with brown eyes must be the milkman's kid...which is funny because my dad used to sell milk....lol!!!!!!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!