View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #11
KellyV
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMomHS View Post
I do really love my vet and feel very fortunate to have found her. She's not all in for the money. It's very apparent she's in for the animals.

I will tell you something that I thought was appalling that I ran into Memorial Day. My son has a Min Pin and we had to take her to emergency care since the regular vet was closed and she seemed to be running a fever and ill and we didn't know why. I was filling out the papers (My son just graduted from high school last week so he still lives at home) and one question was:

Check one:
1: I want the best care available
2: I want the best care available but I have financial considerations
3: I would like minimal care for my animal

Doesn't everyone want the best care and doesn't everyone NO MATTER how much money they have have financial considerations??? I don't want anything unnecessary done but I don't want my pet to die either. Maybe it's just me, the question was like WOW! I get the business end of it but....

I haven't lived in this town long but I think I will look and see if there is another emergency place.
You would think so, but unfortunately that's not the case.... I have met plenty of pet owners that will only do the VERY minimal required. It's probably the clinic's way of determining how the owner feels ahead of time so they know how to approach the situation. That way there aren't any arguments and they're not wasting time in emergency situations....
If there were other problems with the place, I'd go elsewhere, but personally wouldn't find a different clinic just based on that one question.
KellyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!