View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
PamBellaJagShy
Inactive Account

Welcome and congrats on your yorkie. I do use crates and I have 4 yorkies. They do really great with them. They really are comfortable in them. I really only use them at night. I have 4 lined up in my room. Each of my yorkies know exactly which one is their ROOM. I say go to your rooms and they go straight in. It is really helpful when someone comes to my door or if I have company and I don't want all 4 of them kissing and jumping all over them. Now it took some training and they sometimes venture into someone elses room...just to check out the accommodations, but they eventually end up in their own room at bedtime. Sometimes if the doors are shut they panick a little and are not quite sure where to go. But If they are scared or hungry they know exactly where to go. I think they find comfort in their rooms. My youngest two are 14 weeks and 16 weeks and they just a few nights ago started sleeping through th 2am poop time. Thank goodness. But it is important to get up with them in the night. At 10 weeks there is no way they can go all night without a potty break. But don't worry they will outgrow that. Well good luck, I hope you have as much success as I have.
PamBellaJagShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!