View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #57
KJLive
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Random question - just curious.

What does everyone do for a living? I'm exploring my options right now and would just like some ideas and if people enjoy their careers, etc.

Currently, I'm in my 2nd year at comm. college. I design websites on the side, along with dog-sitting. This summer, I will be working the front desk at a local pool.

I'm interested in working with dogs, but my only issue with that is the money... I'd like to make a decent living and I've considered wanting to be a trainer but the demand would have to be high in need for dog trainers and I'm not so sure where to even begin. College/school is rough for me... I really just get by. Although, I managed to get an A in my Intro to Psych class. I'm very interested in Psychology but am unsure if job opportunities are there for simply a BA in Pysch, as I really don't want to continue on to get my masters. I think I SHOULD have my BA degree but I'm struggling with the concept of 3 or more years of school (considering I'm slow and already 2 credits behind... lol)

I keep going back and forth between the medical field as well and possibly getting a two year degree in X-ray technician or a Radiation therapist or tech.

But anyways... what does everyone do for a living? Do you have your degree?
Just emailed my one friend cause I didn't hear from her for awhile. She was recently certified as a dog trainer/dog rescue trainer. She's taken on 3 dogs a night but can take up to 6 if she had a building. She said 6 dogs/night would net her $2,400/month. Depending on where you live this may be enough money. She does it as a second job. So I would imagine full-time you could make some serious money. If you're interested in the school/program she attended I could ask her. Perhaps it's National? I'm in PA.
I did the Rad Tech school thing too. Started at my Comm College in town but wanted to finish sooner. I transfered to a local hospital program and HATED it! Not to mention the schooling was about 12,000K/year. For 25K I was not going to do a job I didn't like.
I'm still in Corp. America in Administration. I work for a great company based out of the UK. They have a European approach to business and their employees which is TOTALLY different than US companies. They actually APPRECIATE their employees and reward good work.
KJLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!