View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 07:27 AM   #1
lovejenni
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Does Anyone Medicate Their Yorkie???

I dont want to sound like a bad puppy mom here....but my yorkie is seriously out of control. I have many friends who have yorkies...and we all trained them the same way (and two of them came from the same litter)...but mine has turned out to be a little terror.
She is LESS out of control when we are just hanging out at home...but as soon as we take her over to someones house or people/dogs come over to our house she goes absolutely crazy. She is 4 lbs and as long as the other people/dogs are around she will be sprinting, jumping on people, knocking things over, and will NOT stop. We have let her and another yorkie play and she will want to play for 5 straight hours and will NOT calm down.

It is NOT for lack of excercise or attention. I have tried walking her at LEAST 1-2 miles/day but she still does not stop if other people/dogs are around. I have been home with her most of the time and she has been socialized with other dogs from a young so it is not for lack of human/other dog interaction.

I just was wondering if there is any medication you can give to calm yorkies down. She is an embarrassment and makes it impossible to take her anywhere. I am not trying to have a dog that just lays around all day...but there has to be something to do to calm her down to a normal energetic yorkie....
Im gonna lose my mind...Please HELP!!!
lovejenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!