View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
jenbee
Yorkie Talker

Default Both of my yorkies are sick with diarrhea :o(

I have an 7 year old male yorkie and a 4 year old female. They both have had runny stool for the past few days. Sorry to be graphic but it is almost like pudding and very dark. There does not seem to be any blood in it though. I first noticed the girl was and now the boy is although it is hard to know which one was sick first. One of them also threw up a few days ago right after eating. I fed them just rice with a little boiled chicken and give them some pedylite today so I am waiting to see if that helps. Does anyone know what could cause this? Since they are both sick I am worried it could be a parasite? They eat the Royal Canin Yorkie breed food and always have and we rarely give them any table scraps. This could be unrelated but they also often throw up a yellow bile like substance. The vet told us awhile back that it was probably just acid reflux. I was going to wait and see if they were feeling better tomorrow but wanted to know if anyone had similar experience and if I should just take them to vet? Thanks
jenbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!