View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
justchi
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 049 Chaucie Cannot Notify!

I can't stand long stories, but here's some history about Chaucie (Preston Chaucer)

About 3 years ago, my ex and I purchased a male yorkie puppy. He lived with us for a little over 6 months when we decided to let her mom have him. She had lost her yorkie of 17 years. I knew then that it was the wrong decision, however, I didn't have much say in the matter. Well, due to the circumstance, we were still able to see Chaucie on a regular basis, which was great. However, we broke up about a year and a half after we originally got him. I wasn't able to see him, but I got a call about a year ago from her mom saying that Chaucie had gotten hurt and she didn't want to take care of him anymore. She had him with an electric collar, invisible fence, and regular fence so that he would not run away. Well, he tried to run away and he got stuck underneath the fence and he was shocked and it was horrible. Of course I came to get him.

Now the only thing that we have to work on with Chaucie is his potty problems. He knows that he should use the bathroom outside, but he doesn't know how to notify us. When he lived with my ex's mom, she originally had him crate trained, but then she installed a doggie door which threw all of that training out the window. When he moved in with us, we had two scotties that we were in the process of training. Chaucie would mark their areas, even though he had been neutered at a very young age. We still cannot get him to notify us of when he needs to go out. What can we do? We are moving into a new place in June and I don't want him to mark everywhere. PLEASE HELP!
justchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!