View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
lgoodall
YT Addict

Love Please pray for tucker

My seven month old Yorkie, Tucker will be seeing the neurologist at the University of Tennessee Vet school on Wed, the 27th. He has Atlantoaxial Instability or A.A.I. Google it is you don't know whtat it is, but it's a very serious condition. He will probably have surgery next week. It's very risky, and the recovery is long and arduous. He's in a brace now. It goes from the top of his head the the middle of his back. There's a wooden splint which covers the dangerous area. He can't turn his head from side to side. This is his second brace. He has seen two onther neurologists---- one in private practice in Knoxville, Tn, and one at the University of Florida Vet School in Gainsville. The one in private practice in KV didn't think he was ready for surgery. She said his growth plates had not closed yet. The neurologist in Florida said they had. My husband looked at the pictures and said they looked closed to him. ( He's a retired Doc) We're going to UT because we have a condo in Knoxville, and can stay there for several weeks. Also a resident neurologist at University of Fl interned with a neurologist at Tennessee, and she thinks very highly of him. So UT will make the decision on Wed. Sorry this is so long, but it's a complicated situation. My gut tells me the surgery will be next Thurs or Fri. Please, please begin praying for my baby now. I'm terrified. I love him so much. He's a four pound bundle of joy. My husband is crazy about him too. He just has to be ok. I can't lose him. Thanks, Tucker's Mom
lgoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!