Thread: Handling 101?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #5
Abby08
Senior Yorkie Talker

I will try to remember to come in here and report my progress if there is any! Things will unfold very slowly for me too though! No show prospect yet!

I am very lucky as there is a professional dog trainer in our area and she not only does obedience and agility, she also helps people with handling things like stacking and moving around the ring.

I started takeing lessons a few times, but when I saw that my dog was not show worthy, I stoped. Now I think I will start again just to get some hands on learning as that is how I learn best, by doing. I need to learn a lot more, now that I think of it!!

As for going to shows to watch, this sounds like a good suggestion. However, for me there are only 2 big all breed conformation shows in my state every year,(where I know I can see Yorkies). I hear there are smaller specific breed shows, but I have yet to find a so called Yorky match. I am only currently interested in Yorkies, it is hard for me to want to go see a "Hound" show and watch how they stack and move in the ring. Perhaps I should though......

Maybe you live close enough to your breeder and maybe she has enough time to teach you some show handling? Do you have a dog you could practice with?
Abby08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!