Thread: stud fee?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 06:16 AM   #6
maggiesmom_2007
YT 1000 Club Member

I would advise getting or paying a stud fee. And making sure you have all the paperwork before you breed. I bred one of my females with a "friends" male and she assured me she had all her paperwork. Well I got the confirmation she was definitely pregnant and called her to get the paperwork so I could send in for the litter registration she informed me she had never "actually" registered him. I could have kept the entire litter but i am just not that type of person. Well needless to say my 2 boys are not registered. Anyway I currently have a contract with a breeder that I became friends with and we have that if the female only produces one pup she will accept a the stud fee instead, also she is going to take second pick and send a buyer to me for the pup. So it all depends on what you want to do. The stud fee is a preferrable way to go because of people getting screwed over. My breeder friend is the only one I have this contract with I have another breeder friend that I will be using in the winter that I will be paying the stud fee. I say it is your choice as to how you want to do it and just go with your gut instincts. If at anytime you have a teensy bit of doubt get a stud fee. These are all just my own experiences and opinions .
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!