Thread: Streaming Eyes
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 05:44 AM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Joey had this problem as a puppy, and a switch to distilled water helped, no tearing at all afterwards. He outgrew the problem and we were able to use regular tap water. His eyes have been clear and several months ago I switched foods, and the brown eye gunk returned, and so I switched him back to his old food, and his eyes cleared up again. I decided to do one more test with the new food, and within a day the brown gunk returned so we are back on his regular food. I'm not sure what caused it for Joey, some sensitivity to the tap water at first, and later perhaps some mineral in the food. If you switch your water, don't get regular bottled water it has to be distilled water, where all the minerals are taken out. You can buy it at Walmart, it's the kind you use in baby formula, and only $1.00 a gallon. Most supermarkets carry some type, but it needs to say drinkable, because most distilled water is meant for appliances, and not always safe for drinking.
i use to do distilled for tear staining but the prob is it tastes bad and they do not drink as much and they are missing certain minerals so only use spring now as my demi had her bun off for kidneys do to not drinking enough water and she only drinks when i put a fresh bowl down so we change out 4 times a day so i think she did not drink as much due to the taste of distilled
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!