View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #14
JJC
YT Addict

Lolo is home again thank goodness and doing fine so far. She was so happy to see me and is sticking to me like glue.

She had to have 8 teeth removed but the vet says she should be able to eat kibble again. For a few days she will be getting soft food and then she can work back towards eating kibble and she how she does. She hasn't eaten yet so I'm concerned about that but I checked her gums and they look fine. I got her to take a little bit of nutri cal just in case though. Her teeth look much better since they have been cleaned but I'm sure she's pretty sore with having 8 teeth pulled.

She can't go up/down stairs or jump so we have temporarily disabled the pet steps so she wont be tempted. She has an antibiotic that she is supposed to take twice a day for the next week and pain meds for the next several days just in case. Her pre-op blood work came back good and she tested negative for heartworms. Yeah! Last time at the vet her weight was up to 3lbs 11oz and today she weighed in at 4lbs. Yeah again! I wonder how much she will lose now.

She can't have a bath for the next 10 days. She looked so pretty this morning and understandably looked a bit of a mess when I picked her up. I've washed her up as best I can and groomed her just a bit to help her feel a bit fresh again. I totally avoided her incision area as instructed though. It's not the best of jobs but I didn't want to put her through too much so it was more like a little bit of a touch up as opposed to a full fledge cleaning and comb out.

So far she is leaving her incision alone but I have small onesie's to put on her just in case. They are a little big on her but they wont rub on her and irritate her. Either way I'm going to put the onesie's on her for overnight protection. If that doesn't work I will put a cone on her as a last resort. I'm also keeping the girls away from her so she can rest and relax. I don't want the girls (okay mainly Kissy) stressing her or bothering her incision either.

I'm open to any advice so if anybody has words of wisdom you would like to share I'm all ears.

My nerves have settled a lot but I'm still cautiously watching her. I will probably sleep on the floor with her tonight so I can keep her close. I don't want to risk her being on the couch or bed tonight so the floor is the next best option.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!