Thread: Stud dogs
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
pauldo
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have 2 males -- 1 is actually neutered (Tiko), but he acts like an unalterted male -- very aggressive, interested in my females when they are in heat, mounts and ties with them!!!! I had Tiko neutered when he was 7 mo. old b/c of how big he was getting for being a stud dog (is now 13 lbs.). My new stud (Oliver) is a year old and only 3 lbs. Because my unneutered male is so aggressive (has attacked and bitten other dogs), I was told by other breeders that when my 3lb. becomes sexually mature and there are females in heat, Tiko would likely start attacking Oliver. I was really concerned about this, especially because of the size difference. Anyways one of my females recently went into heat, Oliver was used for the 1st time as a stud dog with her, and Tiko politely watched all the goings on -- sometimes from just 2 inches away. There were no fights, in fact one evening Tiko crawled onto my lap while I was reading, and Oliver climbed onto Tiko's back and fell asleep --- Tiko glanced at him and also kept on sleeping... actually I could swear they've been getting along better then ever lately ... maybe b/c they now share the same girlfriend????
pauldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!