View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
babybalouga
Yorkie Yakker

Question housetraining and leaving alone

Well we adopted Charley (8 lbs yorkie/poo 4 weeks ago. I managed to get some time off to help her with the transition since she is almost 2 years old. So my first shift we got her a 3 x 3 crate, she managed to get out and trashed the cage. LOL.... Riped apart a pee pad, food all over. It was crazy! She is used to having run of the house.

OO also we did start her off slowly in the cage but she whinned and cried / barked.

So my next shift we gave her roam of the main floor of the house but closed all the bedroom doors. The first 2 shifts were ok... The following week my 1st shift she got roam again of the house. This time she chewed through a baby gate towards the basement and peed on the carpet in the spare room 2 times.

What should we do! My husband was coming home from work at lunch every time I was working (2-3days a week) and he is not even suppose to come home but has for her. And still these messes.. I fear she will either do more damage next time or get hurt!

Charley is soo timid she is pretty much affraid of a fly! The previous owner was never there and she is not socialized at all. We are working hard by exercising her with MANY walks and visiting and having doggy dates!

Should we just keep going with the cage when I am at work? She sleeps in our bed at night or in her bed (beside ours) She holds all night and sleeps until we are up with our kids. What should we do for the few days I am working?

Thanks for your help!
Michelle
babybalouga is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!