View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #12
phfgkl
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolasmom1211 View Post
I think we communicated several months ago and compared our two babies and how neither would eat...Well, not to alarm you but Lola was scheduled to be spayed not long after my posts to you and I insisted that the vet BAT (Bile Acid Test) her prior to surgery because she was so tiny. She was 3 lbs and 13 months old. She had ALWAYS been a picky eater and I assumed I would just deal with it. She had no symptoms or signs of a liver shunt other than she would not eat and as she got older she would nap a little more each day. Anyway, her Bile Acids came back super high and we had her liver shunt repaired March 6 at University of TN. She now eats her food and tries to eat all of her brother's food! We just had her BAT retested today and are waiting for the results tomorrow, hopefull that was the only shunt and she will be perfectly fine from this point on (fingers crossed). Has your baby been BAT? (my vet charges $88.00) If not, you may want to consider it - it saved Lola's life and she is like a new puppy now - full of energy and mischief once again! Good Luck - I know what you are going through. Sending hugs your way!
Wow, so sorry to hear this. Am glad she's doing fine now. She's had 2 full blood panels done, and everything was fine. She actually does eat now and is always on the go. She has gaine a little over a pound since I got her back in November, she will be one next month. The breeder doesn't breed for tinies, but, sometimes just gets one. This little girl has quite the "attitude problem" too, and doesn't listen at all, yet all 4 of the other ones(inside ones) do. Even the new one that is 4 1/2 mos old comes when she's called. Tootsie looks at you then runs the other way. LOL
phfgkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!