View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Yorkieville200
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamartini View Post
I found an ad in the newspaper and my husband went to look, I knew if I went I would not be able to handle it. The raise multiple breeds of dogs and horses and they make horse harnesses. I do know that most Amish are puppy mills but from they way my husband described to me the way they are being treated and the areas they are being kept in I'm not sure. I think they might be a good breeder. Maybe not top notch but not the shady lock them up kind of people. The dogs were brushed and clean, they could go in and out of the barns, he was able to see the fathers and mothers of the pups, they told him to come back anytime(except Sunday), There were kennels but none stacked on top of each other. There were kids playing with the pups my dh said they were very friendly. I am looking into getting another puppy in the future and these are reasonable price and very close by so I was hoping you guys could help me out. I definitely don't want to support a puppymill! Here are pictures of two of the puppies that he saw. I am going to go back myself and look next week one day I think. He was more than willing to answer every question dh had.

Attachment 277316

Attachment 277317
I would not buy from the Amish. Period. Just the fact that these dogs live in a barn, upsets me. And multiple breeds; another red flag.

I have friends in Rescue and they tell me the Amish are the worst puppy-millers in the country. They view dogs as livestock.

And yes, they tell you just what you want to hear.
Yorkieville200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!