View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #6
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbell_02 View Post
Thanks! Well he started getting sick on Saturday morning....he was throwing up and very wobbly and had NO appetite. I called the vet and he told me to give him Karo syrup and water. I did, and he pepped up after about an hour. Then he got sick again that afternoon and I had to do it all over again. Sunday morning he was PITIFUL and I pumped him full of gatorade and after that episode he has had NO problems, he plays around jumping, barking, biting just like any normal puppy.

The test my vet performed was a blood test....not sure exactly what it would be called. I was also told of University of Tennessee by my vet and another lady who uses him that had the same thing happen to her puppy.

I just really hate it for the little guy.

Also, does anyone know the chances of it recurring?
Yes - I suggest the U of Tenn - You can not go wrong. If he is a candidate for LS surgery, it is very successful. He will need to be on a special diet and supplements, but he should live a normal happy life.

He does run the risk of shooting another shunt or acquiring MVD ~ but I feel that if you keep him on the right path with food and diet and check his blood work etc often, he should be ok
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!