View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
Ironman433
BANNED!

Animal Smiley 019 The rainbow bridge poem

As I sat here trying to apply my own words of wisdom and not beat myself up with guilt from the tragic loss of my dear, sweet little Spikie that could have been prevented if only I had done this or hadn't done that...

My heart was overwhelmed by greif, not only for my own loss, but for the others here who are also seeking relief for the same pain and sorrow that had brought me here just a short time ago... And for our little loved ones like our Gypsy who is also greiving and missing the only furry friend she had ever known... So I began surfing the net on ways to help each other and our pets cope with this devestating pain when I ran across this poem that we have all heard about but perhaps forgotten or had never read... To all of my friends here at YT, I would like to share this magical poem of hope and comfort - and to reassure you that you are not alone as you cry over the emptyness left where your best friend once was...

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Ironman433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!