View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
jrsm1965
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Angel Orphaned puppies update- all still alive

Hello to all, many wonderful people keep sharing their tips and stories i truly appreciate it and it gives me great hope. havent had a chance to learn how to do all the post threads etc. on the website, i am still sleep deprived but will figure it our.

UPDATE:
the vet showed me how to feed the pups with the syringe- he did not seem like there was hope for them- but i am not giving up- they are full term- a huge advantage. They are peeing and pooping everytime i feed them but they seem to only get maybe 1cc down and that is with spillage. 2 of them seem to be getting the sucking instinct down but the runt, 3 oz, is really struggling with that. Does anyone know what the warning signs are if they are starting to die? I am trying not to get attached but it is impossible- i never knew you could love an animal this much, but it is true, you can.

well, thanks again, i will try and figure out how to post the pics of them tomorrow-
rhonda
---End Quote---

Rhonda it sounds as if you are doing okay with them. I have also hand raised puppies. there is a lot of good advice on the thread you started yesterday. people on that thread are waiting for an update from you. just copy and paste thiss on your thread. it is very easy to get fluid in their lungs when you are trying to feed them. be very careful and try to stay calm. a 3oz puppies is a good size. do you have anyway to weigh them about three times a day so you can see if they are gaining. as they get stronger, you will need to increase the amount you are giving them.
jrsm1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!