View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #1
DJ30
YT Addict

Default Angel's White Blood Cell Count is Very Low

We took Angel in to do her heartworm and wellness test last Thursday, and the vet called on Friday to say that her white blood cell count was very low at 2.5. She recommended doing more tests to check the differential. She called today to say that Angel's neutrophil level is very low at 0.5 (norm 3-11). She said it could mean an immunosuppresive disease and recommended we bring Angel in for an exam. We're going tomorrow afternoon. She also mentioned a bone marrow biopsy may be a possibility but it's premature, so they want to examine her first, and we may have to do a urinalysis.

Are there questions we should ask? Have any of you experienced this before? Is this common in Yorkies? Angel has sneezed on and off since Saturday and hacked like there is something in her throat. I haven't heard anything today. She did vomit a brown liquid (could be her kibble) on May 9 and vomited bile on May 13 and May 14. She does vomit bile when she doesn't eat a lot. She hasn't been her energetic self since Saturday. She is mostly lying down. My parents watched Angel over the weekend, and my mom said that she was shaking on and off on Sunday. When we took her home, she seemed to only shake when she was on the ground but not on the couch. I don't know if she was cold or not. We have been giving her Nutrical and adding soft food to her kibble to get her to eat as she won't eat her kibble by itself. We're feeding her Wellness whitefish and sweet potato canned and dry food. We have also been giving her water from a water bottle for pets for the past couple of days to make sure she is hydrated.

Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

DJ30
DJ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!