View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
clueless
Yorkie Yakker

Default My 2nd Pound Puppy

I have two yorkies, one old and ready for his blanket 20/24 and another who acts like he's pumped up on caffeine or maybe crack. This last one is the one I'm writing about: he's a separation anxiety dog who shows signs of food aggressiveness. I can tell you: I do not have the personality to deal with this dog! He barks incessantly, whether at play or fighting. At first, his barks were so piercing that I my ears rang! They've stopped ringing when he barks but that's not a good sign, it just means that the nerves he stimulated with the high pitched noise are dead! Never to return, poor Callie's hearing.

I have him trained with Mr. Can. A coke can with some pennies that I shake. He hates it! And he typically does shut up. But I feel guilty trying to get him to be quite much of the time, as he clearly enjoys an all thrusters romp in the back yard, or around the house.

What do I do? I'm tearing my hair out.

Callie
PS, I've had him since September 08. I have a friend in a Yorkie rescue and she tells me, "Oh no, he's all yours," when I suggested she take him for a while to see if he behaved that way in her house!
clueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!