View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #8
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Good Advice PiePiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePiper View Post
Piper just turned 1 year. I have her groomed every 6 weeks. When Piper was in that stage when she had her puppy hair on the ends and her adult hair growing out she always looked like a ragamuffin. My groomer told me to make sure I brushed Piper often because what happens is the puppy hair tangles around the adult hair and causes snarls. She had hip surgery so I had her cut very short so all the puppy hair was cut off. Now Piper just has her adult hair and brushing her is a piece of cake and she stays nice looking most of the day. There are hardly any more tangles only sometimes under her arms from her harness when we take long walks. She has a silky coat and it is very easy to brush and comb her. I think you'll find once the puppy hair is gone she'll stay neat for a longer amount of time after her daily brushing.
Thanks to everyone for their input, but I think this post has really helped me to decide to get the puppy hair off...I had a feeling that if I got the puppy hair cut off, it would look nicer longer...I guess my baby is going to look all grown up too lol...And I guess I'd better snap lots of pix, before I do this...
Maggie & Apple
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!