Thread: kidney failure
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
phfgkl
BANNED!

Default kidney failure

Our GSD has not eaten in 2 days, yesterday, hubby said she threw up twice(we let her and the golden retriever out of the dog run everyday to run for at least 1/2 hour)and then today, she was limping. I called the vet to get her in, as her nose also looked funny at the end. Well, the limping was getting better, but, she just wasn't herself. While we were at the vets, the vet was feeling around and found a place back by the hips that she could tell was sore, which we've noticed before when rubbing her back there sometimes she'll let out a yelp, and also the vet found a big knot on her stomache towards the back, which she still has to do an xray on. Well, the vet called a bit ago and said the GSD was having kidney failure. She's not even 3 years old yet. She's wanting to also run lepto test on her, which hubby read up on lepto and said there is no way possible that she has that. Anyway, I was crying, but, the vet did say she had a 75 to 80% chance of making it. I guess after they run more tests, they will probably do the xray I would imagine too. I know there is no question with this post, guess I just need some positive thoughts please. This is very hard on me
phfgkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!