View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 10:09 AM   #13
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyReese View Post
I didn't take your comment offensively I was just letting everyone know what she already knows so no one would say "Teach her to sit and stay" or something, because she understands those. As well as "down". she knows that "down" means to stop hopping on people's legs or to get off the couch. But "sit" means to put her butt on the floor. We made sure she understands there's a disctinctive reason for each command. I'm pretty proud of her concidering she's only 6 months.

We also noticed a few times she got so excited she started to pee herself. Yikes!

But like I said if the fresh ham isn't enough of a reward for her to stay in a "sit" or "stay" position when i have guests come over, I will try the leash! Then still reward her with something tasty. Right now she likes the milkbone treats. She inhales them.

Is cheese a bad thing for your dog? i've heard mixed comments on it. I've heard it can constipate them. but in small amounts I wonder if it's a good reward?? Does anyone know? Do you give your dog small amounts of cheese? (a small cube or something?)
Sounds like a really good plan to me! I think that's awesome she can do those commands because a lot of people never take the time to teach their dogs such things and I really think it's a good for them to know.

My dad's female Jack Russell mix did the exciting peeing thing too! It was awful! About two months after she was spayed and at about 1 year of age, it totally stopped though.

I know it must be hard for you as a vegetarian but dogs are meat-eaters! They definitely LOVE meat! It gets them very motivated for future trick training and training in general

I actually just posted a thread about cheese because I was unsure as well. Jackson LOVES loves loves cheese and will do anything for it.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...69-cheese.html
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!