View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #10
LoveMyReese
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I'm sorry if you took my comment about that offensively, I didn't mean it like that! Maybe I worded wrong because it's GREAT that she already knows the stay and sit, etc commands so that's a wonderful start. That way, you've got that out of the way, now you just have to re-enforce it I know Yorkies can be stubborn little things but as I said, she's young! It's also probably a large part of her just being a puppy. A lot of times when dogs hit that one year mark, a lot of things change. Has she been spayed? I know with male dogs, neutering is supposed to calm them down a bit and I believe the same is said with females but I think it can all depend on the dog. My dad's female took a few months after her spay to calm down but I also think part of it was age.

The show "It's Me or the Dog" with Victoria Stillwell has loads of episodes on dogs that sound just yours. They're just SO excited! She actually had a Boxer on a few days ago when I watched and he acted exactly like your dog. Imagine a BOXER jumping up and down on your guests and couches all day! As well as the Dog Whisperer. I really like Cesar Millan and his philosophies on staying calm and assertive.
Reese got spayed about a month ago and we noticed she got worse after the spaying! But someone suggested treating her with Chicken. We're vegetarians, so we have no fresh meat in the house, however I hosted a Luau at my house last night, someone left ham and I just took a half a slice, had my 3 year old ring the doorbell and knock on the door and the dog immediately responded to the ham. she wasn't even concerned with the doorbell! I have someone coming over in about 45 mins. and i'm goign to see how she reacts with the ham. If she seems to really enjoy it I'm going to probably start buying cold cuts just for her. *although that's a very hard decision on me as a vegetarian..*
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!