View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
YorkieOwned5
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

hello and welcome...
There are several ladies that make and sell belly bands and anything else you might need. some sell clothes, homemade beds,blankets some even seel resuseable/washable pee pads. Look on the main page under Yorkie products for sale. There's simplypreciouspups,barkingtailsbotique,woodhavenba bies,go.fetch.com, GWLittle.com,Fostersandsmith.com FuFU Fashions, and many many more. OR just type in the item your looking for in your search engine and you will find all kinds of stuff. there are alot of others that are members on here that even give a discount to YT members, so be sure to mention that in the order. I'm sure you will find everything you need for you new little furbutt.
I have two 6 month puppies that only use we pads indoors. They have only been out a few times to run around. I started them on the pads from day 1. Everytime the pup wakes up from a nap put him on the pad, again afew minutes after he eats (you will learn how long it takes after feeding to go potty) immediately on pad after coming home, getting up in the am and about every 2+ HOURS on the potty. use the same word everytime you put him on the pad,"go potty or go pee potty or poopy potty then after they know what that means you can just say, go potty. I ALWAYS give huge amounts of praise kinda like a party, yea good boy lots of petting etc. even a little treat but only when he used to potty. My male trained in about 2 wks of constant monitoring and the female about a month. now I don't say anything and they both go potty on the pads about 90% of the time. I think the other times they are so busy playing they dont take time to go to the pads. Just put them on the pad even if they miss and tell him again, go potty. I suggest keeping the pup in a limited amount of space, like just the room with you, if he has free rein it will be harder to train him. If you must leave him in the daytime you will need an ex-pen or crate to put him in. if you are gone form long periods of time an expen might be best. you can put a bed, peepad and food and water and ofcourse puppy safe toys to keep him busy, chewing or destroying things are because of bordeom!! hope this info helps you.. anything you will need can be purchased ONLINE even the expen. Just look around and compare prices..
PS>>>>> you won't really need belly bands until he is potty trained, otherwise he will be confused and will just use them as diapers. they are mostly used to keep older dogs from marking or hiking the leg on furniture etc. or if you take him to visit and don't want him marking other peoples homes. you can read up about them on the YT site and online. Good luck doing your research... hahaha
God Bless, hope this is helful for you,, Sharon
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!