View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
gidgetsmom
YT Addict

Default Horse Confusion: need advice

I got back into horses over a year ago. I bought a horse and spent quite a bit of money on her. I was laid off over the summer and put her up for sale. I have gone back to work but I have left her up for sale and now she is drawing interest. I figured she'll never sell since the horse market is down and her price is higher that most but not for her breed. She is a great, safe, sane mare. I have been told its hard to find good horses and I'll be sorry if I sell her. I do get nervous every time I get an email of interest but I feel guilty if I keep her due to the economy and stuff. I tell myself I had no business spending the money that I did on her and I can replace her with a cheaper horse but I guess you get attached. Why do I feel so guilty? She's the only thing I have thats me as far as a hobby. I feel guilty when I am away from my family trail riding. The kids are grown and no one else seems to have much interest. I don't know what wrong with me. I am allow to have my own interests right? I have had horses as a kid and we had one 10 years ago. Its kinda a part of me. Does any one esle feel torn like this or am I crazy?
gidgetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!