View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #15
ketters12
YT Addict

I have this problem too! I've tried a lot of different remedies like a spray bottle and the can shaking. Mostly he barks now because we have moved to a townhouse and he hears people outside- especially when kids are outside playing. I think he doesn't like kids for some reason.

Overall Tobey is very well behaved but his barking has been really really bothering me lately. Mostly because I lost my job so we moved in with a friend a few months back so I am paranoid about the neighbors complaining because I am not on the lease and the apartment complex doesn't know we have a dog. Both my roommates love Tobey but I know they also worry about getting complaints. I am sure that Tobey can pick up on my frustration with him. I try to be calm-assertive like Cesar says but it's almost impossible because i just want the barking to stop! I used to live in a house with a fenced in back yard so if he barked at something outside and wouldn't stop, I usually just let him out to run around the yard. Maybe I started a bad pattern?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!