Thread: bumps?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

you should NEVER use your bare hands to remove a tick!! YOU can get sick from this. I have seen many suggestions on how to remove a tick. One of them is to put dish detergent onto a cotton ball...apply it to the tick this is SUPPOSED to suffocate it and it is supposed to back out......the tick is supposed to be on the cotton ball and FLUSH IT!! I don't know if this really works or not...They also sell a tick remover. It looks like a little half ball with a slit in it..I don't know how it works..never used it. I usually take a pair of tweezers, grab ahold of the tick really close to the skin, turn counter clockwise and pull...this will remove the entire tick. However....we were camping last year and Sadie got one...I HATE those things...anyway...I tried to remove it and Sadie pulled at the same time. The head DID NOT come out. I bought some draw salve and applied twice a day..it eventually came out...had I been home I would have brought her to the vet....

In answer to your question.....yes. there will be a bump there after removing the tick...I'm not sure about the other bumps..I would definitely contact your vet in the morning.

Last edited by BLowry; 05-17-2009 at 11:44 AM.
BLowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!