View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
Shashs
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused I inherited Charlie at 8 months now 3 yrs. He has started marking again. Any ideas?

I really need help. I inherited Charlie when he was 8 months. When he was purchased, owner was diagnosed with cancer so first 8 months he was just fed and kept safe with no training. He was marking everything in the house. I had him fixed when he was about a year old and it seemed to improve. I have removed all carpet in the house and replaced with wood. Replace furniture with leather but find he is still marking. (He even markes the air purifier systems)
Fellow Yorkie owners know the problem is that I never catch him doing it and since he is so low to the ground I don't always see it right away. He even marks my mini schnauzer when we are walking and she is going potty? Ugh!
Getting rid of Charlie is not an option, as he was my mothers. I would really like to "fix" this problem if at all possible.
One more question, is he too old to teach how to sit, stay, etc.? All he knows how to do is look cute. When I try to get him to come to me he runs away, unless he wants to be sitting with me or wants my attention.
All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Shashs is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!