View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 06:36 AM   #1
SirRudy
Yorkie Yakker

Default Any Bell Training Experts?

Rudy seems to have picked up on bell training fairly well but I have a few questions.
Does your dog ring the bell when they want something else? Currently our bell hangs by our back door, the one he goes out, but also by the gate that prevents him from entering the front part of our house. I think some of the time he rings the bells because he wants to go in those rooms. Also I think he will ring them when we aren't paying attention to him and he is bored or wants our attention. How do you handle this?
Every once in a while we will have the gate open by his bell because the cat needs to go through and we will forget it is open. He will be in the room with us and it looks like he is going over to ring the bells but when he finds the gate open he goes through. Do you think he is forgetting why he went over to the area in the first place? (Luckily no accident when this has happened.)
Finally, how soon do you think I can trust him to leave the gate open and let him wander the front of the house? Will he remember the bells and ring them like he does when he is confined?

Sorry this is so long but I don't want a set back yet it would really help if I could figure this out so that we are not going outside every 5-10 minutes because he keeps ringing the bells. Thanks!
SirRudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!