Thread: Sick Frederick
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #6
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick1030 View Post
Frederick is about 1.5 yrs old. He only has access to his favorite ball and the occassional treat I give him. I just checked his teeth and he has red gums with some black on them, and I just noticed that he does have some blood on a couple teeth. What could cause that? I am suspect of him chewing on something he found outside. He was just recently at the vet and they said how good his teeth look. He also has really really bad breath all of a sudden. Not a good sign The gums turn red quickly after I touch them. I dont see any nasal discharge at all. His tummy and breathing seem ok. Is his tummy making noise (normal bowel sounds?) I'm not sure about his poo because he has a doggie door and goes out whenever he wants. I would go out and check the yard for poo and anything he could have chewed while outside. Look for anything hard that could cause his gums to bleed. Do your neighbors give him anything without your knowledge? I don't see anything he could have eaten, and I never have a problem with him eating things around the house. He last ate yesterday evening because I hand fed him. Now that I have noticed his bleeding gums, I'm worried. I really dont see how that came on so fast. Thanks for any info!!
I'm sorry to sound like such a pain, but the more info you can provide for your vet, the less you spend on diagnostic testing. I am very concerned that he may have ingested something that may be blocking his system. I have seen dogs get blocked eating large chunks of meat, rawhide or other type hyde toys, rubber bands, lids to bottles, yard mulch ...

If he were mine I'd get him to an EV for xrays today.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!