View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene68 View Post
I just found out that my puppy will lose his teeth..the lady that is selling him just wrote me that This is normal?
Dogs are just like people in that they have baby teeth that will fall out and are replaced with adult teeth. Your puppy's teeth are just like a baby, they will fall out and be replaced by adult teeth. Yorkies are know to retain baby teeth and if they do not come out on their own by the time they are spayed/neutered they should be removed to prevent decay of the adult teeth. Most pups have at least one baby tooth that is retained but can be easily removed during their spay. Because of their small mouths you need to have good oral hygiene practices and it is best that you start as a puppy to brush their teeth. It is also advisable to follow your vets advice regarding having dentals done. With their small mouths many have issues with tartar build up that can lead to decay and tooth lose as they get older.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!