Thread: Teeth
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
kcchevalier3
Yorkie Yakker

Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTud View Post
My 10 month old yorkie has 4 canines on the bottom. I think maybe his baby ones haven't fallen out yet. just wanted to know how normal or un-normal this is. He has no pain at all and I am always checking to see if they are loose.
When I spoke to the vet he said to wait until he is 1yr. Might have to pull the extra ones out. How Normal is Teeth pulling in dogs?????
Hey!!

My yorkie had the same thing..but when I took Bella to get spayed, the vet pulled out her last canine..2 of those canines (the pointer ones) are still the baby ones..That's good that he's not having any pain! and keep brushing his teeth too! If the vet wants to wait, I think its a good thing...as long as there is no foul smell or anything like that coming from his mouth (might indicate an infection)...so just monitor his teeth and gums!

The vet will put your pup to sleep because it's a pretty intense procedure..that's why when I got Bella spayed, I just took her baby teeth out one time so I wouldn't have to put her under anesthesia again!

Well I hope this helps!! Your boy is too precious!
kcchevalier3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!