View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
yorkiekist
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
They are beautiful, but remember, beauty does not necessarily indicate health. Unscrupulous showers have concealed health problems in their dogs to keep their breed prices high.

I feel like BYBs and YTCA breeders both have half of the puzzle. A good breeder considers the health of their lines, but there are also questionable practices like breeding males to their grandchildren. Presumably also a very healthy puppy would be removed from the breeding program if it had the wrong "look".

BYBers don't care about the health of their puppies, but they also keep diversity in the gene pool. Ironically, I think BYBers will help us from breeding yorkies right out of existence.
I think you are wrong on the bybr thing. Some exhibitors have concealed some health problems. Unfortunately, there are bad apples in EVERY group. But since bybers are nothing more that "mini mills" they dont even know or dont even care if a health problem exists. Boatloads of bad apples in this group! At least the YTcA, other breed parent clubs and AkC as well as alot of the exhibitor breeders do most of the health issue funding. Its NOT the bybers forking over the needed $$$$ for this needed research! And there are tons of genes in the exhibitor gene pool available so as not to cause the Yorkie breed or any other breed to go into extinction. There is absolutely no need for the byber kind of "diversity" to play a part in keeping the Yorkie or other breed alive and well.
You seem to have a problem with exhibitor/breeders for some reason as you give them a black eye in alot of your posts.

Last edited by yorkiekist; 05-16-2009 at 11:41 AM.
yorkiekist is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!