Thread: Truman's ears
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 07:00 AM   #12
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Hi. Sorry I don't know Truman's story .. I am concerned with the flaking/scaling on the edges of his ears. My vet said she found where Yorkies are prone to getting Scabies and it starts just along the edges of the ears. In a dog that was so severely stressed, that would be suspect. Can easily be tx'd with Revolution, which I believe is safer to do than weekly toxic dips. Sometimes skin scrapings miss the critters.
Along the edges of his ears he actually has hair growing but I was able to pull it out with very little effort. It is in the middle part of his ears that his hair is not really growing and more so on the side that was very infected and had lots of drainage when I pulled him out of the shelter. I did talk to the vet and he suggested that I use half vinegar and half water to wipe his ears twice a day and twice a week to use Selsun Blue shampoo people shampoo just on his ears. I have already been doing this for several days and it seem like the edges are now holding onto the hair were before I was able to pull the hair out easily. I am going to keep my fingers cross that this will work and see how it goes and I will report back in a few weeks with the results. He has such a cute face and I would love to see his have scruffy little ears full of hair to frame it. Thank everyone that responded.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!