View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
Kidstoteach
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default newbie with SOMETIMES aggressive adopted male

Help! We adopted a 2.5 y/o neutered male Yorkie three weeks ago. LOVE the dog. He sleeps with the kids and has been trained to a kennel and a carrier. Problem is, every now (every few days) and then he goes OFF in aggressive barking. I first noticed it if ever my son was rude in tone to my daughter. He'd back uptoward her while barking at him. Settled down quickly, never showed teeth. Actually thought it showed great character! SOmetimes he'd snap at neighbor kids who were to close and too excited--not reac;hing for them but barking meanly. I thought I understood him to be saying back off and calm down! Last night I turned in the car to tell the kids to be quiet as their dad had to take a call. He went OFF barking and showed me his teeth I think. I finally pasted on a smile and spoke sweetly and slowly and he calmed down and rushed into my lap. Tonight my son and I burst through the front door together laughing after a race. He again started barking very angrily toward me. Again seemed almost like snarling. he calmed down when I stopped moving and telling him to stop. Again he came right to me and offered me a toy. I am very concerned about this and will talk to our trainer, but wanted to get all the advice I can. FYI, other dog people say he doesn't show alpha behaviors, he loves to meet other people and animals on walks. HELP!
Kidstoteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!