View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
carlyn6884
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default not getting much action over there...

so i posted this in the health and diet section and it only got one response... which was to free feed, but i can't do that b/c of other animals, different foods, and a toddler that likes puppy food so anyway, its prob "illegal" to re-post this here (in yt land ) but i'm really curious for some opinions.... so here it is, and if it has to be deleted i understand why

hey everyone, toby is 12 weeks old, eating blue buffalo, and has 1/3 cup per day split into 4 little meals.

i am feeding him the 1/3 of a cup b/c that is what my vet recommended for his weight (2.4lbs) BUT he scarfs his little meals down so fast he doesn't even chew!! I have actually been hand feeding him kibble by kibble so he doesnt LITERALLY inhale his food

soooo i thought maybe I should increase his food to 1/2 a cup. but then i thought, my big dog eats FIVE cups of food a day and she still eats like its her last meal too... so maybe dogs are just crazy eaters??

any advice? or anyone out there with a dog of similar weight, how much do you feed?

also, i have been feeding him 4 times so he gets food every 5 hours or so, he has never had a problem eating, or had low sugar levels, so should i cut it back to 3 times per day?? or stick with the 4 til he gets a little older...

so many questions!!! thank you

Last edited by carlyn6884; 05-15-2009 at 01:24 PM.
carlyn6884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!