Thread: dear breeders
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinebabco View Post
I have a question regarding puppies that turn out to have a congenital disease. Do most breeders insist the only thing they will do is give a new puppy upon the return of yours. I can't believe that they would expect the owner to give up a puppy that they have paid for surgery on, and have bonded with for 8 months. Is that why the warranty is worded that way? What would a breeder do with a 9 month old puppy that has had surgery for legg perths disease and has been nutered? I guess the breeder can be positive that he will never get a puppy back. I don't know of anyone who would give up a dog they had had for 8 or 9 months and spent thousands of dollars on in order to get the benifit of the warranty. I know all breeders are not the same but I see warranties written up this way more times than not. I guess it assures the breeders that use this type of contract that they will never have to suffer from breeding a puppy with defects.

I think most people are honest about the puppy they bought but there are some people that try to scam the breeder out of a refund and also a puppy by claiming all these things are wrong with a puppy, yet when asked over and over, they refuse to submit to the breeder vet records or anything for proof. i have known of several times this has happened and then because the breeder wouldn't cave, their reputation has been ruined all over the internt. I feel breeders do have to protect themselves from these people but I also think breeders should be flexible and evaluate each case individually to see what to do to make the situation right. i think many of us that say the puppy "must" be returned feel this way. I would never want to take someone's baby but neither would I replace the puppy or give even a partial refund without proo f and that seems to be what a lot of buyers expect. They expect you to take their word. Sorry but it doesn't work that way..
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!