View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 05:52 AM   #6
Lolasmom1211
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammer View Post
Thank you Ellie Mae and Lola's Mom,

I am located in Middlebury, VT, so I don't know how far I am from the type of veterinarian Emma needs. Where are you both from and how close was the doctor you used?

Ellie Mae, Emma was just spayed in early April. I was told everything went well and I was able to pick her up fairly early--I will call and see if she had any problems with the anesthesia--thank you for the tip.

What is lactulose? Also what does the Protein C test show?

I will get her some Royal Canin L food today and some Vitamin E oil. I am also going to make some phone calls to my old vet and see if he'll take over her case. Thanks also for the tip on the supplement.

Lola's Mom, thank you for all of your continued support and prayers. I'm so very glad Lola is doing so much better.

Hugs,
Sammer
We were in Houston and flew to Knoxville for Lola's surgery...but as I said before, there was no doubt about Lola's shunt and the fact that she needed the surgery. It would have cost more to have the surgery done in Houston than to fly to University of TN and have Dr Tobias do it - including my air and hotel! Of course I opted to take Lola there, Dr Tobias was supposed to be one of the best, but I am sure there are others that are just as qualified. I was just not comfortable with my vet here and luckily have not even had to see her since Lola's surgery on March 6....that is an indication of how well Lola is doing! She had dissolvable stiches and has not had a problem since leaving Tennessee (keeping fingers crossed)! I have been VERY careful with her diet and absolutely no treats - but it has been worth it. I see a difference in her each day; even last night my husband commented on how much energy she had, more than when we brought her home at 11 weeks! She is still on the lactulose 3 times a day to flush all the toxins out, but has never been on any supplements. We also will not give any vaccinations until we get her next BAT results back. I hope your old vet can help - it makes such a huge difference to have someone there that you can trust. Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions - I don't know how much help I can be, but I'll try to answer your questions the best I can with our personal experience.
Lolasmom1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!